Stanford Freshman-Sophomore College
My main role as the Residential Multimedia Consultant was to build and maintain the dorm website.
I discovered the needs of dorm staff and 200 residents, then designed, built, and iterated on the
Other responsibilities included operating audiovisual equipment,
designing t-shirts, and creating slideshow presentations.
- Built new version from scratch to better tailor the website to the dorm's use cases and
- Designed the frontend in Keynote
- Coded the frontend in HTML, CSS, and JS
- Designed the DB schema
- Coded the backend in PHP
- Google Calendar integration for easier calendar subscription
- Worked with a designer to come up with a new aesthetic, then made the photoshop mockup real.
- Self-learned the Drupal infrastructure in three weeks and integrated 17 modules for the
initial lauch of a website for 200 dorm residents.
- Self-initiated internship with Lullabot to enhance dorm website, help other groups on campus with Drupal websites, and contribute back to open source.